Skip to main content

The frame

The Frame.


“Wow, those are nice. Looking good with those” my bench mate greeted me as I attended the morning session.
The final year of my automobile engineering course was pretty hectic, but also we had the chance to try and learn a lot of new things. Next month was our exam and after that we would try our luck with the car companies. Since we were a part of this prestigious institution, most of us would get into one of the leading car companies. But I wanted to get into racing. Formula one was my dream. I wanted to have my own race team. I had the engineering team set up and soon would start looking for investors and races. I was confident I would make it.
“The red really suits you” she was complementing me a lot for my new glass frames. My bench mate, she was one of the four girls from my batch and I was lucky that she was my friend. I couldn’t manage these three years without talking to a girl but lots of boys hadn’t spoken to a girl in years.
These new glasses were no ordinary ones. I invented these special frames which had a lot of functions. I made this product. This frame could be revolutionary if I could bring it out to the world properly.
My new frames could perform the following functions. It had the famous X-ray vision, showing the complete anatomical x-ray with any of the views, the anteroposterior view, plain, contrast for the abdominal area, even it could focus on the specific regions like if I wanted x-ray of the mastoid, it would zoom into it and give me. All I had to do was specify the type and area. This could be used for CT, PET scan and many more. This would revolutionize the healthcare industry. I have applied for the patent. It was patent pending but I am confident of obtaining it. Once the patent was issued I could market my product.
The next was for vision defects, like any other prescribed spectacles but the best part of it was you didn’t need to visit an ophthalmologist to get your lens corrected. The frame would detect the refractive errors by itself and place the appropriate lens in front of your eyes. Again revolutionary.
Then there was night vison and magnification. The night vision was military grade and magnification, it had the power of an electron microscope. I knew it was too much but this was just a prototype. I wanted it to be the best.
Then there was my favorite. The body scanner and this was looking at a person without clothes, naked. I could again focus on the internal system and organs, best used at securities. This one frame could disrupt a lot of industries. Sure shot at success.
I needed to check it, that is why I had got this to class.
I touched the frame near my ears, it got into x-ray.
“Good morning everyone” Our professor entered.
Today was a class on the working of the latest V2 engine. This engine was destined to be the new engine for the upcoming electric cars and even planes. I had read about it last night. Pretty interesting topic.
The X-ray was perfect. I could only see the skeleton moving on the platform, took a chalk and started writing on the board. It was funny to see a skeleton walk around.
Then it was time to check the magnification. For that, I focused on the corner of my classroom. I was at the middle right side of the class, our class accommodated about a hundred kids and it was quite spacious to move around.
I magnified 3x and could see the back benchers clearly. The last two boys were working on some sort of battery device. I couldn’t see clearly but it looked like a mini drone. It was very small. I magnified 10x 100x and only then I could see it clearly. They were using magnifying eye gear like mine but a less advanced type.
Now I wanted to try my scanner. I quickly switched it to scanner mode and there it was. All of them naked. But it wasn’t the sight I was hoping for. A class of naked boys. It was disgusting. Then in the middle I found a girl, and that made my day. My stuff hardened up and I enjoyed myself for a while. I deserved it I feel.
“Dude, why are you staring at her like that” my bench mate asked.
That jolted me a little.
“No nothing…….”
“Do you like her” she asked.
My scanner was still on. I was trying hard to look at her face and not go down. Because then she would be too suspicious. She was my friend, best friend.
“No…No” I said.
“Then concentrate on the class. It’s important” she said and turned front.
I quickly saw it and they were really good. But I had to stop.  Maybe next time, I would sit somewhere alone in the back and enjoy freely.
I almost forgot about the night vision as well. But for that I needed the lights off. That I had access to. So I hacked the class lights and turned it all off.
I switched on my night vision and it worked beautifully. I could see the proffessor, the class. I turned to my left and nothing. My bench mate was missing.
Damn. I looked around, everybody was there. I switched on the lights. There was a sudden relief noise from the class and she was sitting right next to me.
I again turned off the lights quickly, there was a little chaos starting in my class with the students moving and talking. She wasn’t there.
On. And she was there.
She was looking at me, a slowly gave a wide smile. It was scary.
The lights went off by itself. I didn’t control it this time.
She was sitting right there, in white clothes, her hair left free and long, smiling at me.





Popular posts from this blog

The illness

The illness.

They would come any moment now. I was locked away in a room. The silence in the room made me restless, a soft ring echoed in my ears. I felt as if my brain was going to explode. I sat with my legs folded to my chest on the bed, alone waiting for them to come and torture me, pierce me with the needles, experiment on my body. I kept looking at the door anticipating the keys and then I heard the keys unlocking the door. They were here. I had nowhere to run, nowhere to hide. He came in with his assistant. I jumped out of the bed and ran to the corner of the room. I tried pushing myself against the wall, but that was the end. There was no escape. I crouched myself against the wall.  The duo approached me. He wore a long white full coat reaching down to his knees, his face was pale white and the wrinkled severely, especially around the corner of his eyes and his mouth. The few strands of white hair were tightly tied back to a small bun; his scalp was shining through it. A wide…

Under attack

Under Attack

“We have a situation at the government district hospital. There seems to be an unidentified individual who has taken over wards on the right wing of the building. The doctors say he headed towards the paediatrics ward, and that he had a handgun with him, You need to report there immediately. We will send backup as soon as possible. We have to sort it out before the situation escalates to national news.” The chief commissioner gave the order. This was my first year as an inspector of this small town and this was a very delicate case to handle, in fact it required planning and a trained squad. I wasn’t ready for this but there was no other way. All the other officers were posted for security for the Minter of Energy who was visiting a Dam site for hydroelectricity opportunities. This Dam was the only thing which made this small town famous. There was nothing much here. Population was below ten thousand, all low socio economic status and only huts everywhere. The only buil…

The abandoned

The Abandoned
Mr. Kuthappa leaned against the wall adjacent to his bed and sipped the brownish, gold liquid from a tetra pack. Abstaining from what my eyes were showing “Mr. Kuthappa, what is that” I paced myself towards him, to show my authority, to demand the respect I deserved, to remind him he was the patient and I was the doctor. But my angry catwalk didn’t seem to intimidate him. Nothing was going to bother him now and we both knew I couldn’t save him with my knowledge or medications. It was too late. His body was completely submerged in the sea of alcohol. He continued sucking through the small hole of the tetra pack waiting to hit the sea bed. This was also a record new low in my life. An alcoholic drinking right in front of his doctor. “Oh, this” he let the pack swing between his index and thumb fingers. “This is what has guided me for the past 25 years. Always there for me in my bad times and good times.” Kuthappa gulped the remaining, squeezed the packet like a toothpas…